Monday, March 26, 2007

Day 25- Art Every Day...



Out of this world ATCs
(if I do say so myself)

Actually that's the theme for this month's ATC swap. The deadline was yesterday, and as I looked at my "to do list" this morning, I thought "crap, I missed it!" I had just returned from walking Max, and decided that I had time to quickly dash into my art room and see what I could make in a hurry. Fortunately, I have mat board pre-cut to ATC size, so that took no time at all. I was originally thinking of using some of Teesha Moore's "Land of Odd" images, as the Land of Odd is certainly out of this world. But artistic insipiration works in mysterious ways, and before I knew it, I was looking at all of my sun images. I think it's because I am so eager for spring. The image featured here is a favorite carved sun from A Stamp in the Hand. I love ASITH's bold lines. I used one of my favorite new tools - giant finger daubers -- to sponge on the colors, then overstamped the sun and the word. I must confess that I chose this word completely for the pleasing effect it has graphically with the carved sun, not because it has any mysterious otherworldly meaning. And although I said in a previous post that I rarely make two of the same thing, I made all the same for this swap as I didn't have time to alter the design!!!

So...
... embrace the sun!
... embrace the solar system!
...embrace the unknown!

Make the message what you will.
That's the power of art.

No comments: