Tuesday, April 28, 2009

URGENT PRAYER REQUEST FOR AVERY...

As many of you know, my niece was scheduled to go home yesterday, but after some consideration, my sister and the doctors decided not to postpone her catheterization, so the did it this afternoon -- and they have found that her "coronary artery is shot" -- I know very little else because when my mom called with the update she was not able to relay much in a coherent way. Avery is back on Echmo -- which is the temporary bypass machine -- and I have been told that the next 12 hours are critical, because the cardiac cath can cause bleeding, which would be very serious in her current condition. I wish I knew more and will tell you when I do.

So in whatever way you pray, or summon all of the good of the universe, please do so for Avery.

I cannot thank you all enough for all that you have already done for us to make this ordeal bearable.

2 comments:

fran pascazio said...

Kerri,
This is saddening news. I wish there was some magical word I could say to comfort you; I can only offer my prayers and support. My heart goes out to you and your family. Through you, we have all come to know and admire Avery and her strength and endurance. Many years ago I was in a similar situation with my first child and I know firsthand the heartache. Be positive and never give up hope!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm in tears. I'm so sorry and she and you and your family are in my prayers and heart.