Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Trio of hearts


My niece continues to make progress in the cardiac unit at Children's Hospital in Boston, and as long as she is there, and perhaps for much longer, as the muse dictates, I will be painting hearts. It is my way of staying in the moment and sending all of my positive energy to her, as there's really not much else I can do. I have primed and prepped a variety of different canvasses in assorted sizes, and these three are the latest. I wanted to work on a few bigger square canvasses, but these dried first...


Wonder - 5x7 - spackle, acrylic, oil pastel mixed media on canvas board


Make a Wish - 5x7 - spackle, acrylic, oil pastel mixed media on canvas board

Heal - spackle, acrylic, oil pastel mixed media on canvas board

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Siser, thse are all so good. I love everyone of these heart pictures. Keep them coming I know they are helping Cutes. :o)

xoxo
Jesse

fran pascazio said...

Kerri,
These pieces are incredible - they speak volumes! What a wonderful way to express yourself. Prayers continue for Avery . . . and you and your family.

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful and I'm so glad that your neice is improving...she's on my mind and in my heart, too.

Peggy Beck said...

Best wishes to you and little Avery. I'm sure these hearts will help heal the pain you are all feeling from her trials.
Peggy