Wednesday, April 29, 2009

More about Avery...



Avery continues to be stable overnight. Although 12 hours have passed, I would guess it's still quite imperative that they keep her stable, and the echmo bypass does a percentage of the work of her heart, which I am sure is giving her coronary artery some relief.

Avery's parents will be meeting with her medical team today to decide on the next course of action, as there are still some alternatives, as I understand it.

One big question among everyone - first and foremost my sister - is how her stats could have been good enough to release her when something was so wrong. We don't have an answer to that yet.

FYI The photos above are of Avery enjoying her 5th birthday cupcake last week.

2 comments:

DJ said...

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Kerri!

ArtPropelled said...

The power of prayer is something I've experienced and believe in wholeheartedly. When medical care slips up the prayers are there for back up.