Friday, July 28, 2006

Studio Friday - studio music

"The vast and various sounds that surround us in our studios and add to our studio experience.
What kind of music feeds your creativity while in your studio or, perhaps it's sounds that fill the empty spaces while in your studio."
-naomi

feel the rain on your skin
no one else can feel it for you
only you can let it in
no one else, no one else
can speak the words on your lips
quench yourself with words unspoken
live your life with arms wide open
today is where your book begins
the rest is still unwritten
--unwritten, by Natasha Bedingfield

I also love this topic - I wonder if everyone else's musical preferences are all over the map stylistically, like mine are. I posted a picture of my number-one, all-time favorite voice on the planet - James Taylor, and my favorite of all his albums - Hourglass...I listen to a lot of JT, especially in summer.

The other picture I posted is the cover of a cd that my husband ordered for me after hearing this group on acoustic radio. They're called Girlyman, and they have this amazing harmony sound, and he was right, I LOVE them.

When he gave me this cd, I listened to it non-stop for weeks. There's not one song on it that I don't like the sound of. I stopped at their website, and listened to their newest cd, and now I have to have it. Honey, if you're reading this, please feel free to order it for me!!

Other sounds in my studio...
Alison Krauss & Union Station
Natasha Bedingfield
ELO
The Bee Gees
Rascal Flatts
John Mayer - I actually love to listen to him in my studio because his music is very mellow & conducive to creativity for me.
The official soundtrack to female bonding weekend...this is a cd of all women/girl power songs compiled by my wonderful friend Liz. It's an excellent cd, and I've been listening to it since she gave it to us last weekend.
...thank you naomi for such a cool topic.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot to mention him on my post. Yes, yes, James Taylor and I'll have to check out girlyman.

laura said...

sigh. James Taylor is wonderful. love'im too.

AtPlayWithFiber said...

I LOVE it when I find a CD that I love all the songs equally on it. That is a hard thing to find!

Unknown said...

eclecticism is great in music...would get bored listening to one type all the time...james taylor is great..

Ouissi x

Anke Martin said...

It's rare to find a cd you like all the songs on there. So enjoy listening to yours!