Sunday, July 09, 2006

Busy weekend planning classes...


I've spent the better part of my weekend, including Friday, planning classes that I'll be teaching later this summer, and I can't wait to post some samples, but my camera hook-up is at my office, so it will have to wait until at least tomorrow. The first class is one using transparencies, inspired by the Somerset Studio book, Transparent Art.
The second project - totes for tarts - I'll be teaching to the attendees at our annual 'female bonding weekend.' -- My sister Cheryl began this tradition from her home outside of Boston more than 10 years ago. It's an annual event that includes an arts & crafts project on the first evening, and then lots of shopping, laughing, eating & drinking all weekend. Each year is a little different, with planned and unplanned activities. Most years we've trekked through the city of Boston, but last year, we rode into Newport, RI, for some new shopping territory to conquer. The group varies slightly from year to year, but always includes my two sisters and me, my mom & her two sisters, and a wonderful group of friends who add to the fun and flavor of the weekend. We all stay at the Ritz-Cheryl (also known as my sister's home) & we inflate our aerobeds each evening. We each keep a bonding journal that we add to from year to year -- a 3 ring-binder packed with notes & photos & trinkets from our travels. I will post photos of previous bonding adventures as the date approaches, and I'll take pictures of the totes to share with you after the weekend is over.
Today's photo is one of my favorite journal pages... I may even have posted this already in a previous blog, but I love it - the color - the messages, so if I've already shown it, I apologize for the re-run!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

This is also one of my favorites! And if you re-ran it - so much the better! I love looking at it! Who's looking after mighty-Max on your bonding weekend?