Thursday, October 17, 2013

True confession - I love horoscopes...

...and fortune cookies...and palm readings, and tarot cards. I am not big into psychics, after seeing a total crackpot down in Woodstock when I was in my early twenties, but a well-written horoscope inspires me.

My favorite is the weekly by Rob Brezney. He's been writing them for more than 28 years, and he's published in 120 different periodicals, including our local independent weekly, Metroland, where I originally found him. His horoscopes are part literary reference and part puzzle, which always intrigues me. Also I think he really has the Libra sign down. Or else I am also just a crackpot.

This is my latest, for which I created a quick digital collage, using one of my heart paintings. I think it is timely...

"The door to the invisible must be visible," wrote the surrealist spiritual author Rene Daumal. This describes an opportunity that is on the verge of becoming available to you. The opportunity is still invisible simply because it has no precedents in your life; you can't imagine what it is. But just recently a door to that unknown realm has become visible to you. I suggest you open it, even though you have almost no idea what's on the other side. 

1 comment:

Peggy Beck said...

Wow. those stairs sent chills up my spine! I love the meaning behind this and the horoscope. It is for real Kerri! Seems like it is the perfect timing. I know you will open that door and walk through to more great things!