Saturday, October 12, 2013

Quote...

What others think of you 
is none of your business.

-- I saw this quote on my friend Annette's Facebook page recently, and I love it. I don't think I am alone in admitting that I spend way too much time (a.k.a -- any) worrying about what other people might think.

Of course, as I get older, I am much less guilty than I was when I was younger. One of the blessings of age and maturity is learning to be yourself and to stand for what you believe in, regardless of what others may think of you.

But what I loved about this particular quote was the perspective. Because the larger subtext of this quote is --  

What I think of myself is my business. And this should be where I devote my energies. Am I doing what feels right to me? And if the answer is yes, then it's still the right thing. Even if everyone else thinks otherwise.

So I am minding my own business.

2 comments:

fran pascazio said...

That is a great quote, Kerri....you are so right...as you mature you just want to live and let live! You have to do what is right for you, always even if people who are the closest to you do not understand.

Createology said...

Where was this when I was much younger and always struggling with how others cared about me?!! Very wise wisdom for anyone at any age. So thankful you share this dear...