Monday, July 23, 2007

In her vintage room...



Art Night Schenectady’s Mission

Art Night aims to introduce a wider audience to the unique vitality of the Arts, restaurants, and businesses that Schenectady has to offer. “Art Night” promotes interest in the arts by making it accessible, thereby strengthening the arts and business communities in Schenectady.


My friend, collage artist Marilyn Rock, was one of the participating artists at last Friday's Art Night Schenectady, and I was so excited to see her incredible collage art on display along with so many other talented artists in our area. Above are some amazing fabric and mixed media greeting cards that I purchased from Marilyn that night. After I had left, I wished I had taken a photo of her work on display. Among her many altered art pieces, Marilyn makes the most amazing altered birdhouses, and I would have liked to show one here.

In addition to being one of the most talented collage artists I know, she also teaches classes, and I've never met a more nurturing and inspiring soul. She has an amazing talent for helping new artists find their creative voices.

Her website -- www.inmyvintageroom.com, is new, so I encourage you to stop there periodically as she adds artistic inspiration!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

These are fab! Can't wait to see some in person! I would have definitely bought some too!

Cindy Dean said...

These are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.