Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Creativity...


I recently finished reading Sonia Choquette's book, The Answer is Simple...Love Yourself, Live Your Spirit!, and I have just come across a quote that I love...

One of the problems that distances so many of us from our creative Spirit is the notion that being creative is synonymous with being a professional or aspiring artist. It's not. It simply means making something new out of something that presently exists.


When we look at creativity that way, who among us can say they're not creative? We are always altering our world. Anyone who has ever cooked a meal has made something new out of something that presently exists. Or anyone who has ever written a letter. Or wrapped a gift. Or torn a page out of a magazine. We are in the constant act creating and re-creating our world.

So go create something...
(I would like to create a nap right about now).

Above: Carborundum print-heart with wing on scrap paper.

4 comments:

Createology said...

Wow this is really brilliant and right to the point. We are all creative in some way every day. Thank you for sharing this wisdom. Your carborundum heart is wonderful. Happy creating...

fran pascazio said...

I'm in love with the carborundum heart, Kerri -it is beautiful!!! Also love the quote ... I guess everyone does create one way or another ... although I wish I didn't have to create at the stove so often - I'd rather wrap a gift!
Good wishes always...

Caterina Giglio said...

great post and wonderful heart! hope the nap was blissful!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your heart (the art and personal one)! Thanks for sharing that bit of wisdom, too -- it seems so timely at the moment!

=) Liz