Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Gratitude and humility...


My friend Marilyn stopped by my office yesterday to hand-deliver a wonderful gift: a group of heart-themed ATCs made for my niece -- the timing is perfect, as I will be traveling with my dad tomorrow to see her. (Marilyn also collaged the house pictured here, in which the ATCs will reside.)

In addition to the beads, glitter, buttons and embellishments that any little girl would love, these very special ATCs also carry messages of hope, love, family, and strength (to name just a few) which brought tears to my eyes, and I am sure they will be treasured by Avery when I share them with her.

Thank you Marilyn, Melanie, Melissa, Lori, Fran, Laura, Sharon, Miriam, Peggy, Roberta, Pam, Linda, Ginger, Elaine, Helen, Tabitha, and Patti. I will carry your thoughts, prayers, wishes and friendship with me on this visit, and everyday.

6 comments:

Ginger said...

Kerri I'm glad to see a picture of the finished product. I'm glad you like the ATC I loved creating for you and Avery.

Ginger

Tabitha said...

If our art has provided for you and your family even the smallest joy and relief...it was well worth the effort. You are deserving of all the love and support in the world. Have a safe trip.

Saucy Chick Sherry said...

How generous and special your friends are for creating this house of hearts ATCs. Avery will have hours of enjoyment and knowing she is loved and wished well by everyone. Enjoy your visit. Hugs to all.

fran pascazio said...

Have a wonderful visit with Avery and your family! Someday she will truly understand how many hearts she has touched. I know everyone involved in this project is praying for Avery and your family. Have a safe and happy trip!

Good Wishes!

Patti G. said...

Kerri, I am wishing you a wonderful visit with Avery and know we are all sending positive wishes and prayers even over the miles!
Hugs,Patti

ArtPropelled said...

Oh what a wonderful touching gift. As Fran commented...one day Avery will realize how many hearts she has touched. A flutter of butterfly kisses for Avery from me.