Thursday, January 21, 2016

Stress relief

How do you let off steam? Sometimes swearing works for me, and I am frighteningly good at it. Exercise is good, and more socially acceptable. I love just walking outside. Nature is a balm for just about everything, I think (well except when there’s a minus ten-degree wind chill, but generally).

But one of my favorite and less conventional methods of stress reduction is to rearrange my furniture. I rearranged my entire living room last night. I find giving a room a free face lift is so much fun, and in my tiny house, a bit of a creative challenge. It also helps me to bear living with my 1990s yucko furniture for a bit longer.

I used to drive my ex crazy when I’d do this, but my current roommate is pretty cool with it. Dogs are like that.

I forgot to take a “before” picture, but this is the “after.”



2 comments:

marilyn said...

Your dog/room-mate is very cute. I would change my furniture more often if it didn't kill my back. I still do little changes all the time. I know people who NEVER rearrange their furniture.

Createology said...

My Grandma would always move the furniture all around when she was mad or upset. Then Grandpa would come home (late and tipsy) and fall over a chair or such and Grandma would get her satisfaction. Your housemate is very handsome.