Thursday, May 06, 2010

Please join us at First Friday in Albany...



On the 1st Friday of every month, downtown Albany (NY) celebrates a "fun and funky" arts night, administered by the Upstate Artists Guild. Participating art galleries, museums, bars and clubs offer live music art exhibits, open houses and special events.

Along with my fellow artists and friends Marilyn Rock and Carole Fults, we will be exhibiting new works at the Albany Art Room, -- 457 Madison Avenue -- with an opening reception tomorrow night, May 7, from 5-7 pm, and we'd love it if you stopped by. (Technically, the opening is from 5-9 pm, but I am not sure that any of the artists are able to stay that late, so you may miss us if you arrive after 7 pm).

The title of our exhibit is Alternate Substrates and includes artworks created on fence posts, antique tools, cabinet doors and window screens to name a few. Here is one of my pieces that will be in the exhibit...

5 comments:

fran pascazio said...

Love these pieces you have shared on your blog...especially the mailbox door! Hope to get to see these in person!

Knock 'em dead (Marilyn, too, of course)!

Caterina Giglio said...

wish I could be there! will be out at a gallery here, for first friday too, so will be thinking of you and Marilyn! have fun!!

Createology said...

What a wonderful way to spend an evening. We do not have such a supportive event. Congratulations. Your fence post is fabulous. Enjoy...

Peggy Beck said...

Love seeing art on things other than canvas. This is so neat. I love the piece. My grandson is racing tomorrow so I won't be there but I'll be thinking of you and Marilyn too. Have a great time.

Anonymous said...

What a cool piece and what a cool theme for a show! Wish I lived near, I'd be visiting for sure.

All the best, Kerri!