Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Scattered thoughts...


I have been away from my blog for so long that I don't know where to start, so as a compulsive list-maker, I am starting with a random list of things...

1. Blessings...
The past couple of weeks have heaped so many on me it's hard to count them all. My niece is home recovering from her fourth open heart surgery and we are all thrilled, and my husband is also home recovering after vascular surgery which is also a great relief. I am also blessed with so many bloggers, friends and family who have wished us all well during these past few weeks. It makes all of the waiting and enduring so much more bearable to know that others are out there rooting for you.

2. And good fortune...
Before I left for Boston with my husband, I was the extremely lucky recipient of a blog giveaway from felllow blogger Cindy Dean. Among Cindy's many artistic talents is creating wonderful soldered jewelry pieces, and her latest creations are these wonderful flower pendants, made with faceted beads and collage elements in the center. The first time I saw one one her blog I was CRAZY for it, and I had every intention of purchasing one at some point just to treat myself, but then Cindy had a giveaway and announced that I had won!!! For me this was better than the lottery -- okay maybe not the mega million, (because I could buy thousands then!!!) but it still made my day.

3. And classes to teach...
Home sweet inchies, inspired by fellow blogger Patti Gramza, is a class I will be teaching at Stampassion this spring, along with a class called Polymer Clay Kitchen, where I will share recipes and techniques for faux jade, bone, and lapis. Yummy!!! I also have several other class plans in the works, but it's too soon to mention them!!!

4. And a brief update on the altered chess challenge -- I am writing an article about the experience and sharing the comments of the participants -- more to come on that too!!

5 comments:

Debbie said...

We missed you and your blog! Happy that everyone is doing well and hope you take care of the care-giver (namely YOU). We're still sending lots of positive energy your way! I took a peek at Cindy Dean's jewelry - it is fabulous! You deserved to win and I can't wait to see it in person! Almost makes you want to take up soldering again eh? LOL

XOX

Debbie said...

PS - I forgot to write (I did once and it blogger blew my comment away. You forgot to put circles around "Chinatown" for the number of times you circled it ;). Love the illo!

Nancy Bea Miller said...

Great news re all the medical adventures!

Oooh I wish I lived near you and could take one of your classes!

Patti G. said...

Kerri, I have been thinking of you and Scott and just checking in! You sound so happy, so I am glllllad! And your sweet AVERY , she is a PRINCESS for sure! I am sending a positive thought her way and hope that things continue to go super well for her! What a dollie! Good luck with everything you have going on!
Hugs to you,
Patti

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad that both are home and doing well...Good news, indeed! HUGS to you and have a great month (you deserve it)!