Wednesday, October 04, 2006

autumn inspiration...


As I mentioned in a previous blog, I am teaching a class on Saturday at Art Connection called Fall Faeries. As a gift to everyone who takes the class, I have designed this fall-inspired decorative paper sheet. I am a graphic designer by trade, and though I prefer the tactile arts, I do love to design computer generated art like this... and it usually begins with tactile art, as this one did ... I've created a digital library of found objects that I scan and turn to line art... like the torn edge paper & the leaf that appear in this sheet. I've been known to scan acorns, milkweed, buttons, bobbins, thread spools, my hand (I had to do that one one-handed!), etc... I then work in Photoshop to turn them into black & white line art and adjust the brightness/contrast until it highlights the best silhouette of an image. Then when I want to create a collage, I use either Photoshop or Pagemaker to colorize, layer and collage the pieces. I am interested in feedback on this design - are you a scrapbooker, stamper, mixed media artist - non-artist? - and would you/could you use such a sheet? or not? All constructive comments - or outright flattery welcome!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so BEAUTIFUL (my first thought was that it was a new design for the scrapper that you might be selling as part of a larger kit -- so there)! Seriously, love the design of it -- the balance, the flow, the words, the colors, well you get it. THIS IS "OUTRIGHT FLATTERY!"

Anonymous said...

I could definitely use your autumn sheet in my altered book.I have only just discovered this art and am loving the search for papers etc.
You are so clever!!!!!!

Going For Greatness said...

What gorgeous paper you designed! It's fantastic!! I wouldn't even know where to begin to design my own paper! you are truely an inspiration! GORGEOUS!!
!Gabi