Monday, December 16, 2013

Evidence...

...of creativity. 

December 4, 6 pm. The night was chilly. The house was warm, with a fire crackling in the living room. (in the fireplace, of course.) Lots of food, lots of fun and lots of camera-shy artists, apparently.

We had a full class, but most of the participants are outside of this frame. Aside from the art we made that night, this is my only piece of evidence. I am not good at stopping mid-creativity to take pictures, so this was it!!

Stay tuned for more classes after the holidays. I am thinking of a class called To Dye For...which would include staining tags and muslin, dying ribbons, etc.

I am also thinking about a mixed media class using wood, cut into simple house shapes. I had to replace my fence this fall, and I love the idea of repurposing some of the old, weathered pieces.
I have borrowed my friend Peggy's scroll saw to cut the pieces. (Thanks again, Peggy, for the saw & the demo!) This is a new power tool for me, and if I like it, I may have to buy my own.

Stay tuned. I will have more class info after the holidays. And to my long-distance blog visitors, I will be back soon with my "word of the year" post, and more!



3 comments:

Createology said...

Hooray for craft class success. Everyone does look quite busy and concentrated on what they are making. Your upcoming classes sound like lots of fun. Scroll saw? I used to cut wood shapes with a band saw and scroll saw...boy it was fun and a very long time ago. Merry Christmas Bliss Dear...

Peggy Beck said...

That was a fun class and good food too! I love the projects and look forward to more.

fran pascazio said...

And what a wonderful night it was….loved, loved, loved the canvas project - oh, and the food, wine, people, etc.!!! The other projects were great as well….so looking forward to "Dye for…" class - I need ribbons as my supply is low! Be careful with that power saw, girlfriend….we do not want to find one of your digits on an original Kerri Canvas! Just kidding, you will handle it well; remember we have a saw that I think is called "chop saw" that you are welcome to borrow at any time. Remember, it will cut a 2 x 4 into blocks!!!