Thursday, September 18, 2008

Back from the Vineyard...

I had a wonderful time with family out on Martha's Vineyard at the end of last week. The trip was short but very sweet. The weather was a mix of sun and rain, but that was of no matter. We are really fortunate that we truly enjoy one another's company so much. I don't take that for granted. It is also great fun to spend time in the company of a 4-year old, particularly my niece, who is so funny and creative, with a flair for drama that can't possibly be captured in this blog. When I arrived, we discovered that Avery and I were wearing the same outfit...


One of our favorite stops on the Vineyard is always beadniks, which is a visual delight and an assault on the pocketbook. Many of their thousands of beads are handmade in exotic locales, so I understand the prices, but it's still always a surprise to leave with empty pockets and such a teeny tiny bag of treasures! But it allowed us to spend the rainy time in a lovely house making jewelry. I don't have any of our creations here as I write this post, but I'll post pictures soon. We made some fun and funky pendants, using a variety of materials.

Now I am spending this week playing catch-up at work and at home, but I wanted to take a moment to post -- and to say thank you to my faithful visitors, who never fail to brighten my day with words of friendship and support. I'll end this post with one of my hand-drawn, digitally enhanced illustrations...

5 comments:

Kate Robertson said...

Kerri,

That is just the cutest picture of you and you niece...

Kate

Anonymous said...

Great photo of you two! Where are your pink Crocks? Heh-heh.

Debbie said...

I LOVE this picture of you and Avery. It is wonderful and so refreshing! I needed this today. Thank you for sharing AND your puppies in a bag since I am missing my MagPie. Penny is totally jubilant that the brat is gone! One person's misery is another dog's happiness ;) Love you!

Anonymous said...

Great Picture of you and cutes!! She is such a little sass... Family trait I suppose.

love ya Sisser!

ArtPropelled said...

Twins! She must have been tickled pink that her beloved aunt was wearing the same outfit.
Love the funky doggie bag!
Wish I could peep at the beads.