Wednesday, July 02, 2008

I'm in this book! How cool is that?



The author actually informed me that some of my journal pages were chosen a long time ago, when she was in the writing and organizing stages, and I've been waiting (and waiting) excitedly for it to finally arrive. I am a very big believer in the magic of art journaling to free the artistic soul, so I am thrilled that a few of my pages made it into this visual treat. There's a brief intro and some great prompts for journaling at the beginning of the book, and then just hundreds of pages of eye candy, along with contact information for the artists in the back.

Tomorrow I am off to an overnight with my dog to my friend Debbie's out in the gorgeous NY State countryside, where we'll make art, eat great food, hike the trails on her farm, and gab for hours. I probably won't blog again until Monday, but I hope to have some art pieces to share when I get back. We're making pieces to donate to a local auction, the proceeds of which go to an art & cultural center in her town. All in all, a perfect way to begin a summer weekend, in my book.

Happy Independence Day!

5 comments:

Cindy Dean said...

That is so great! I will have to buy the book now!

Laura said...

VERY cool, Kerri!! The book looks great from the cover and now I know it will be! Have a great 4th!

DJ said...

Wow, congratulations, Kerri! That's great! I'll have to find this book now.

Debbie said...

I always get such a thrill seeing your work published! It was so impressive seeing it in person! Congratulations AGAIN!! Keep it coming! XOX

ArtPropelled said...

Very cool indeed! Wow, your work looks so good!