Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Digital recycling...


While I'd love to post a new piece of artwork to my blog every day -- or even every week -- time does not always cooperate. By scanning an existing piece of artwork (in this case an ATC I sent to a swap), I can alter it in Photoshop to create a new digital piece...

And since I'm on the topic of Photoshop, I am going to ask for input. If you could take a Photoshop class (or Photoshop Elements), what are the top 3 things you would like to know more about? ...I may be planning such a class, and this will help me to focus the class plan.

4 comments:

Cindy Dean said...

Oh come teach me photoshop! My top thing would be being able to cut out one portion of the picture. There has got to be an easier way. Then I would like to change colors in some of the objects. LOL Those are the things off the top of my head right now.

Anonymous said...

Masks! Err...if I were to take a class, I'd like to know more about them (I'm a layers girl, so I don't know much about masking).

Also, I love your "recycled" art -- it's awesome!

Lorri said...

Hi Kerri,
I would say Layers & Masks - I'm only a beginner at PS and would love to know more - Love your re-worked atc here, stunning colours it blends beautifully and I really like how the 'universe' key just dissolves!!
Absolutely beautiful :)

Nancy Bea Miller said...

Layers, Masks, Stitching, and how to make sure what you are doing on your monitor is what other people will be seeing on their monitor!