Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The little fat book club...




Hello my faithful readership! Yup, that means both of you. Sorry I've been so lax in posting to my blog. The holiday season is upon us and I am busy - although, I haven't done a single thing for the holidays so that's a pretty flimsy excuse. Mostly I've been making art in my spare time, while watching the housework accumulate. I am on vacation next week, so I plan to catch up on both housework and holiday planning, and more art at that time!

I've been busy making pages for my little fat book and writing a draft for an article I plan to submit to one of the major mixed media magazines - I should really be working on that now, but I need to let it rest a bit!

So last week, I attended my first 'little fat book' club gathering at my friend Mel's studio/store, Art Connection... and it was, not surprisingly, a blast. Once a month, the group gets together for a two-hour art making/sharing session Pages measure 4 x 4 inches, and eventually get bound with rings into a little fat book. I only made one page during the evening - I spent a good deal of time looking through other people's books - but I made more pages over the weekend. Much like the artist trading cards, I like the small format for experimenting with ideas. Here are a few of my pages. The holiday page is for a secret Santa swap at Art Connection this weekend. I made 3 of the same/similar page so that I could keep one, swap one, and give one to my friend Debbie. It's a fabric transfer, along with paint, rubberstamping and collage.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are great pages (love the form factor -- I love small, too). Also, AWESOME blog banner (and your photo rocks). I love the old and the new equally -- they're both so stylin'!

Anonymous said...

I love these Sisser. They are very cool. I am glad that you updated your blog. I missed you.

xoxo

Debbie said...

Awwww - come on = there's more than 2 of us! There's at least 3 of us :). I love all of these. Oh boy! I get ONE!! Cool!! I love the last one the best. It is just so beautiful! I love her expressions, the colors, and your use of beads. So often when I use beads it ends up looking tacky. Yours never do! Fabulous Kerri! And next week don't let the crazy makers suck up all your time. You better have art done or I'll yell at you on Friday :) Love ya!

Debbie said...

Awwww - come on = there's more than 2 of us! There's at least 3 of us :). I love all of these. Oh boy! I get ONE!! Cool!! I love the last one the best. It is just so beautiful! I love her expressions, the colors, and your use of beads. So often when I use beads it ends up looking tacky. Yours never do! Fabulous Kerri! And next week don't let the crazy makers suck up all your time. You better have art done or I'll yell at you on Friday :) Love ya!