Thursday, October 06, 2016

All good things must come to an end…

After such a long hiatus, I feel like I owe an explanation to anyone who has hung around long enough for me to post again. I will start by saying that all is basically well in my world.

I am in a really good place physically and mentally, in spite of the fact that this year has been a bit of a shitstorm for me. Three flat tires, two car accidents and a complex fracture for Max – and those are just the highlights. But I handled it all with incredible grace and maturity. Yup. Right after I threw numerous temper tantrums, had myself a massive pity party, and bitched to anyone who would listen. Let’s just say, the swear jar is full. I don’t handle these things well at all.



So, you’re welcome, readers. I spared you. 

But I still haven‘t explained where I’ve been, have I? I have been trying to answer these questions: What’s next? Is this really all there is? Why am I so restless? What do I want to say? Do I have anything left to say? And if so, is this where I want to say it?

So I have been pouring my thoughts and feelings into a private journal, because so much of it is just the noise in my head, and it’s just too messy for public consumption. 

I am thinking that this blog may have run its course and served its purpose. That and the fact that my blog URL is saddled with my married name, and that just continues to bug the crap out of me. But it’s also that I think a blog deserves time and attention, and this year in particular, I’ve really neglected it.

So I am going to give this some thought, and regroup. I have some other online projects in the works, and I may move over to Wordpress, with a new name. If and when that happens, I will let you know.

PS – to those faithful few who have continued to show up for my inconsistent posts, I thank you. I am so grateful for the positive aspects of technology, that connect us through our art and our stories. Xo Love, Kerri 

13 comments:

fran pascazio said...

Well, my friend, I just decided to jump on your blog to see what was happening and was delighted there was something new to read! Let me know when you pity party is and I'll bring something sinful….xo

Debbie said...

Ha! Can totally sympathize. Same here - writing in a private journal only for my consumption. It is therapeutic! Actually I've been using 2 different journals for different parts of the journey - one I will keep to remind myself that life goes on, the other I will burn to destroy all evidence lol. Hang in there sweetie!

Peggy Beck said...

Hi Kerri. I'm almost laughing but not quite. I certainly neglected my blog and only had like 2 posts all last year. Ha. Now, yesterday, I thought maybe I'd start a new blog but sharing all that I find are my favorite things. Things I find to be contributing to a healthier lifestyle. I guess life happens to all of us and I'm sorry you had so many trials. I'll bet that you are stronger and wiser now and happier too. I love Fran's comment and should you have another pity party, I will come gladly and if I knew what sin was, I'd bring some of that too. lol. Happy New Year 2017 to you. I see your word is "listen" and it's a good one. Mine is "Hope" since who knows what Trump will bring or take away to or from us. Hang in there. I love you girlfriend.

StubbonVideos said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
مؤسسة سما المثالية said...

شركة مكافحة حشرات بالخبر

Unknown said...

waste recycling services hyderabad
E waste recycling services hyderabad, India

Unknown said...

Carpet cleaning is one of the inevitable things that must be done regularly to keep your home look and look beautiful and elegant. Most of the time our company Cleaning Company in Riyadh is keen to invest excellent tools in getting the best results in addition to the equipment for cleaning and drying which makes the furniture clean in a very short time.
تنظيف موكيت بالرياض
تنظيف موكيت شمال الرياض
تنظيف موكيت شرق الرياض
تنظيف موكيت غرب الرياض
تنظيف موكيت جنوب الرياض

Clipping Path Service said...

Nice article as well as whole site.Thanks.

johni micheal said...

Pure Keto CleanseThe best diet to lose weight is a diet that you can sustain and that contributes to a healthier and fit lifestyle. Therefore: more healthy eating, never eating too much, enough physical exercise enough rest and relaxation. It will make sure a steady reduction in weight, and for the long term.

johni micheal said...

it comesFiber Optic Christmas Tree to christmas tree decorating the latest fad is the upside-down christmas tree. Is there any good reason besides the fact that it is a really hot xmas trend that you should actually buy one of these? First of all it may help a bit to look a bit at the history of the upside down xmas tree. That might help you decide if this type of christmas tree is for you.

Superior Flux Male Enhancement said...

Superior Flux Male EnhancementMost disgusting moment for a male is when he feels that he is unable in satisfying his women on bed. It is also one of the distinguished reasons for problems faced in the family life. It is the worst possible thing which a male can face. Sexual problems vary from man to man. The reasons may vary in different cases. But in present day it is not a big fact to worry. Various male enhancement products are extensively available in the market and they are quite capable of handling this type of sexual disorders. Men can take their help and cure themselves easily as per their requirement.

hassan said...

Customer Helpline Australia a role to play in developing fitness and protection strategies. Wherein huge, or high threat, agencies have their personal in-house fitness and protection professionals the OHA can work intently with these professionals to ensure that the nurses expertise in health, danger assessment, fitness surveillance and environmental fitness management is fully applied into the fitness and safety strategy. Occupational health nurses are educated in health and protection legislation, danger control and the manage of administrative center health hazards and might therefore make a useful contribution to the overall management of health and protection at work, with precise emphasis on 'health' danger evaluation. Danger identity The nurse often has
https://customerhelplineaustralia.com/

Health said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.